There's quite a lot of changes and new features planned for a future update which as of now is called "ver 19" and is planned to be released in late Febuary.
New Features and Content
- New Feature: Daily Missions for players with unique and powerful rewards
- New Feature: 7 more ‘Main Quests’ which upon successful completion will provide their own unique Skill unlock
- New Structure: Guillotine. Hanging your foes in a noose taking too long? Off with their heads!
- New Feature: Curses. Tied to the execution of players
- New Creature: Giant Crab. It can carry heavy loads, along with players, tames and wild creatures
- New Vehicle: Submarine. Explore the depths of the ocean in this small scouting submarine. No weapons on board, but it does have claw arms to help harvest the ocean floor and explore (demolish) shipwrecks
- New Structure: Bookshelf. Store and sort your high-quality maps and blueprints.
- New Environment: Deep Ocean Trench. A new area to explore, guarded by powerful underwater creatures and home to the new Giant Crab
- New Feature: Player shops in freeports. Players can set up automated shops in each Freeport, listing loot for sale and naming their own gold coin prices.
- New Cosmetics: Multiple Armor sets to customize the look of your company and crew! Provided as a permanent unlock for completing the Quests in addition to skill rewards.
- Ship of the Damned will now come in multiple size variations with different stats and difficulty levels.
- Reorganized claim flag notifications, so they no longer clutter up the entire HUD when lots of messages are flying by
- Territory map will now display allies as teal-coloured
- Character creator now has a Height slider to make it easier to set your character's desired height
- Any dead ships (shipwrecks) from your Company appear with a unique icon on your map now, so you can find the wrecks
- Global territory message updating
- Currently contested claims will be indicated on the minimap
- Players can now mount a sail to directly control the sail's open/close amount and rotation settings in a more intuitive way.
- NPCs will be added to Freeports which will allow players to redesign their character's tattoos for a gold cost